Health and Safety Adjustments Starting Jan. 12
Dear South Washington Alternative High School Community,
Within the last seven days we have seen an increase in students testing positive in SoWashCo Schools. As a precaution, South Washington Alternative High School will increase health and safety measures.
Starting on Wednesday, Jan. 12, we will be taking additional steps until at least Feb. 1 to prevent the further spread of COVID-19 and flu-like symptoms including:
Required face coverings for all students, staff and visitors
Starting on Tuesday, Jan. 18, we will be taking additional steps for until at least Feb. 1 to prevent the further spread of COVID-19 and flu-like symptoms including:
- Limiting group work and movement throughout classrooms and the school
- Providing as much social distancing as possible throughout the school
- Creating seating charts in classrooms
- Contact tracing as much as possible
- Performing targeted classroom cleaning
- Possible suspension of athletics/activities
- Asking parents to pick up students who are experiencing two or more COVID-like symptoms
- Based on availability, sick students being picked up from school may be offered a rapid COVID-19 test with parental consent
Our increased health and safety measures will help reduce the spread with the goal of keeping students in-person for school as much as possible. We also need your help. Please continue to follow public health guidance and keep students home who are sick.
Thank you for your assistance.