SWAHS Student Spotlight
Learn about our amazing South Washington Alternative High School students and the positive impact they have on our school.
Staff member Lane Swansson chose to spotlight Mesha Khang because of her positive attitude, her excellent personal skills, and her efforts to serve others. This school year, Mesha brought in donuts for the SWAHS staff. She also brought in food for students who were hungry throughout the day. Because of Mesha’s “no student hungry” pledge, students have access to cereal, ramen noodles, and macaroni and cheese at lunch time.
Lane had Mesha in advisory, physical education, video production, and his engineering & media course. In those classes, Mesha showed an excellent work ethic and was always a pleasure to work with. Lane sat down with Mesha to ask her a few questions.
1. What do you like about SWAHS?
1. I like that it’s a smaller school and that teachers can connect with all of the kids. I like that school is flexible with how you get your work done and how we have a personalized graduation plan.
2. What are your hobbies or interests outside of school?
2. I like to paint and hike. I also like to make candles.
3. Tell us something interesting about yourself.
3. I am one of six siblings in my family.
4. What are your plans after high school?
4. I plan on joining the workforce and potentially looking into culinary school.